This was an easy recipe for Carrot & Banana Loaf. I decided to add a bag of K.r.a.c.n.o.l.a on top of the cake batter, after I placed it in my loaf pan.This one's definitely a keeper,the crunchy bits of Almonds,Cashews, Raisins,& Cranberries really took this already delicious recipe to the next level.I love incorporating k.r.a.c.n.o.l.a into other recipes,so stay tuned as I create/share more fun things to make with K.r.a.c.n.o.l.a.....This is the recipe that i used, i omitted the pecans since k.r.a.c.n.o.l.a has an abundance of nuts.I love tweaking recipes,So feel free to substitute applesauce for the eggs...and coconut oil for the vegetables oil, for all of my Vegans🌱.The applesauce will keep the cake nice and moist.I hope you guys try out this recipe. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS. Serves 12
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used Coconut oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs(if using applesauce as replacement 1/4 cup of applesauce = 1 egg)
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup drained canned crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans(I omitted ▪3/4 cup of granola(I used k.r.a.c.n.o.l.a :) 1▪tablespoon of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour loaf pan(I used 2)10". Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Whisk oil, 1 cup sugar, brown sugar and eggs in large bowl until well blended. Mix in dry ingredients. Add carrots, pineapple, banana and pecans and blend well. Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake until tester inserted near center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cake stand in pan 10 minutes. Turn out cake onto rack and cool.