2 1/3 cups sugar
2 cups butter (Land Of Lakes)or one of your choice
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons -light corn syrup
1 1/2 cups of K.r.a.c.n.o.l.a granola (use food processor to pulse granola into uniform medium texture)
1 cup semi-sweet dark/milk chocolate chips
- Butter 15x10x1-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except k.r.a.c.n.o.l.a and chocolate chips in heavy 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter is melted.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 25-40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until candy thermometer reaches 300°F or small amount of mixture dropped into cold water forms hard brittle strands. Stir in 1 cup of granola .
- Pour mixture into prepared pan; spread to desired thickness. Sprinkle chocolate chips over hot candy; let stand 5 minutes. Spread melted chocolate evenly over candy. Sprinkle with remainding 1/2 cup of pulsed K.r.a.c.n.o.l.a.Cool at least 3 hours. Break into pieces.
- Store in container with tight-fitting lid, incool dry place, up to 4 weeks...If it last that l long.Enjoy!